Monday, October 22, 2007

Last Weekend FREE

As I've been goin' threw this trial i've been meaning to do so much. I wanted to get drunk for the 1st time in my adult life. Friday I sorta did that...actually I drunk some Patron, Grey Goose, and 1800 Silver I believe it was but, I went to sleep right after so I didn't feel the effects. I didn't get to see the people I wanted to see this weekend but I still made the best of it.
This past Saturday, me, my cousin Tez, Shizz, and ya boy Short Dawg was chillin' together and decided to go to the studio. Short Dawg is a character, the niggas crack jokes all day. He had a show at Club Illusion (I don't do clubs) my focus was just gettin' in the booth layin' somethin' down. Anyway after he made his appearance and fuckin' with the "groupies" we met up downtown and went to the studio. We went to DWI studio, and they shit is fly! We sittin' there tryin' to pick beats ya boy Short Dawg was like "whatever yall want to do" he didn't have no input really from a creative standpoint. I figure he would just spit some lines he already remembered but that was'nt the case. After my cousin came up with the hook we began to write. Short was off that "lean" and kept pacin' the floor or either half sleep in the chair. After awhile he went straight in the booth and dropped his shit with no pen or pad. His delivery was on point and he did very few takes. We telepathically thinkin' (me & Tez) alike, like "Short Dawg got his deal wit So So Def/Russell Simmons he might be feelin' his self we gotta show'em we Detroit niggas go in". so Tez laid his verse and was droppin' crazy punchlines which, like most talented rappers Short Dawg tried to keep that game face on. Then I went in the booth and not to toot my on horn but I murdered it. Juan was'nt there so I don't know his reaction to it. The song was produced by DWI producer Trill. Short Dawg play a part as engineer too adjustin' levels and shit. We didn't leave there till 7 am. Short Dawg was'nt on no star shit either. They had that marathon downtown blockin' up all the streets so he decided to get out and walk to the building cause we was blocked off by the runners. Even though it was just a few blocks away from where we was goin', you know Detroit niggas'll rob you whenever. He had his watch & chain on and was'nt on no scared shit so I give'em respect for that. Them niggas downtown is scantless.

Next day, Sunday
Me & Tez met up with Juan, Short, Pip, and Shizz at J. O'neal studio. They did some songs workin' on Short Dawg's album and Juan's album. Here go Short again with no pen, no paper. This time it was a song with a crazy rhyme scheme so I know he came up with that shit right then. It was dope. He tried to crack on Juan for comin' with the notebook, talkin' bout he had "sack raps". Everybody was crackin' up. This nigga said like kids carry a sack lunch to school niggas got sack raps. They finished the song in about 30 minutes then went to another song that needed to be filled in. Mind you from last night we made a impression on Short Dawg, we gave'em a run for his money. Now today, he tried to crack on me cause on one beat I had a written rap. He was like "this nigga wrote this to 50 Cent-In The Club beat" (tryin' to say I look like 50 Cent). We all laughed but I think he knew I was a problem on the mic.
Funny thing about Hip-Hop it's all about the battle. Everybody has to be the best. It's all good cause it brings the best out of you. Juan always be on that tip like "such & such murdered you on the song" or "I sonned such & such on this song". that type of shit MAKES you come hard. I'm just blessed to have that type of rivalry in my camp cause i'd hate to be aprat of a group and there's only one person who shines everybody. As far as writing rhymes in my head, Short Dawg got me on that. I do way too much, and I just not in a comfortable position to JUST focus on rap. I always think about makin' my money, dodgin' police, making beats and how i'm gone chop this sample up, or just everyday shit that bugs me. Not to mention Saturday was Sweetest Day and one my home girls got a room downtown at the Anthenium cause she knew I was goin' to prison this Tuesday (tomorrow) and I didn't make it cause I went to the studio. I know she was pissed, but she might've just pulled a nigga out the club for the night. Anyway, thats how life goes.
(I feel like Doogie Howser with this typin' about my life on a computer shit hahahahaha)

Today hopefully I get to lay some more shit down. Atleast give my cousin this beat cd for him to spit on. It's like i'm in the 25th Hour, everybody wanna do shit with before I leave but I can't be in 2 places at once. Can you believe I put the studio before a bitch? Most niggas would've went to fucked the girl, but I feel that words (and music) leave a more lasting impression.

No comments: